Auxiliary Process Equipment
Auxiliary Process Equipment
Auxiliary Systems can be used in conjunction with most other CPS products. Such systems include:
- Pressure vessels, reactors, and heat exchangers – Single tanks or Reaction package: small reaction units, totally integrated on skids.
- Heating / cooling / cryogenic units: based on steam or heat transfer fluid, the heating/cooling packages can be very flexible and are reliable. Cryogenic temperatures can be achieve using liquid nitrogen.
- Vacuum systems for reactors as well as for vacuum dryers: from very simple packages, where only the pump is included, to very complex skids where a dry-running vacuum pump is equipped with a booster and pre and post condensers.
- Control system: PLC-based for a flexible approach, or DCS for an integrated solution.
Pressure vessels are containers designed to hold gases or liquids at a pressure substantially different from ambient pressure. They are at the core of process plants and they can be very simple (e.g. tanks) but can also be very complex (e.g. reactors for nuclear power stations), depending on the application.
Because of the potential danger involved, pressure vessel design and construction are always regulated by external authorities. Each pressure vessel is built with calculation codes and certification procedures in place.
- ASME U-Stamp
Multipurpose Products: Customized pressure vessel
From a small expansion tank to a large fermenter, from a sanitary-designed heat exchanger to a reactor, we offer a complete range of solutions for pressure vessels in the process industry.
- Heat exchangers
Reactors and Fermenters
The Heating System
Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers are one of the most popular types of exchangers due to the flexibility of the design that allows for a wide range of pressures and temperatures.
A Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger consists of a number of tubes mounted inside a cylindrical shell.
- Two fluids can exchange heat. One fluid flows over the outside of the tubes while the second fluid flows through the tubes.
- The fluids can be single or dual-phase, and can flow in parallel or in a cross/counter flow arrangement.
We routinely designs and produces both standard (according to TEMA) and customized Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers.
Beginning with the customer’s needs, we can thermodynamically and mechanically size the exchanger, using the most common finite elements and parametric software.
Temperature is one of the most important aspects of the process. In many cases, controlling it means controlling the entire process. Our heating and cooling skids generate a thermal fluid flow, to be used inside process machine heating systems.
The skids are usually based on a steel frame where components are installed:
- Pumps (for water, oil or glycol) pumping the fluid to the heat/cold unit
- Generating units, producing the heat/cold normally produced by heat exchangers or electric heaters
- Controlling valves
Skids can be customized depending on:
- The requested heating power (small skids generating some of the heat)
- The temperature level (from -20 °C to 200 °C from different sources)
- The temperature accuracy
- The reliability of the system
Reactor Cooling & Cryogenic Cooling
Tailor-made and integrated solution for low temperature reactions.
To satisfy the increasing requirements of the process industry for reactions at low temperatures, we have developed cryogenic units for reactor cooling, reaching temperatures as low as -100 °C. The process is based on the cooling of a heat transfer fluid, using liquid nitrogen as the source of cold.
Vacuum dryers are process machines where powders are dried at a low temperature, thanks to the vacuum generated inside the vessel.
The dryer vacuum generating system is influenced by several criteria:
- Required vacuum level (normally directly connected to the drying process)
- Flow that depends on machine size and also on tightness level of the drying system
- Available cooling fluids
- Plant layout
These data inform the design and building process of the vacuum system for the process machines.