Comi Polaris is a global leader in customized separation technologies, offering a complete line of filtering centrifuges; filter and vacuum dryers; and cryogenic technologies. We are proud to be an OEM with in-house fabrication, production, and assembly, which allows tight control over quality and delivery times. The U.S. company is a joint venture between renowned leaders in the industry – Comi Condor, Delta Costruzioni Meccaniche, and Polaris Group – all based in Italy.
Our U.S. office, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, is home to engineering, project support, after-market service, administration, marketing, and equipment/parts sales. We have a small testing facility and factory-trained technicians to support U.S.-based customers.
The primary responsibility of the Sales Manager is to communicate with potential customers daily. This includes networking virtually and in person, building a pipeline of projects, finalizing outgoing quotes, and assisting in the content strategy on LinkedIn. In addition, s/he is responsible for assisting in formulating the yearly sales & marketing plan and communicating with management to ensure that sales goals are achieved.
Director of Engineering
- Lead Generation: Devise all necessary plans to accomplish sales objectives established for each customer group. This will include conducting activities such as:
- Developing thorough knowledge of the customers and prospects
- Securing appointments with prospective clients via the existing pipeline and/or any other appropriate means such as cold calls
- Networking to promote the technology and equipment in relevant market circles
- Attending trade shows and conventions, as directed by management
- Promoting market awareness
- Lead and Sales Development:
- Working closely with engineering and technical partners to qualify (vet) potential leads
- Following up and actively nurturing sales pipeline
- Preparing sales presentations for potential clients and engineering groups
- Maintaining accurate records through the customer relationship database (Copper) or other internal documentation, including complete customer and prospect records
- Submit weekly status reports on sales activities
- Closing Sales:
- Preparing quotes and cost sheets
- Verifying and approving new orders, pricing, and terms
- Maintaining thorough and current knowledge of competitors’ services, pricing, and sales methods
- Maintain current and past customer relationships through prompt responses and recommendations for all customer communications.
- Advise management on the marketing strategy to be implemented, based on collected and analyzed information
- Prepare annual marketing plans and sales forecast
- Develop a monthly action plan and report on sales progress monthly
- Active participation in website and literature improvements, and social media (LinkedIn) post creations
- Advise management concerning requirements and competitive conditions in the marketplace
- Customers, Management, Engineering, Marketing, Production, and Technical Services
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Fine Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry, in Capital Equipment Purchasing and/or Marketing/Sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or related fields; MBA, a plus
- 60%-70% travel, both domestic and international
- Excellent knowledge of MS office products
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- This is a salaried, full-time position with bonus based on performance.
- Proximity to Charlotte is preferred. Remote work is OK, but must have close access to an international airport.
- Benefits include: 401(k) and 401(k) matching; health insurance; dental and vision plans are also available; generous PTO
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States will be required
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to put your name and “Resume for Sales Manager” in the subject line of your email